Birchwood Elementary School opened its doors to students in September 1956. Today, our school serves approximately 330 students in grades K-5.
7:55 a.m. – 2:10 p.m.
The Birchwood School community is committed to helping each child achieve academic and social excellence.
- To create a safe and collaborative community that encourages critical thinking, independence and open-mindedness.
- To create a student-centered, innovative community in which all members are fully invested in learning.
Values & Beliefs
- The emotional, physical and intellectual well-being of everyone is important.
Children will benefit academically and non-academically from all our decisions.
There will be open communication among all groups (children, parents, staff, P.T.O., and community).
- Enthusiasm for learning will be encouraged as an ongoing priority.
- All decisions should be informed decisions with continuing input and evaluation.
- School policies and procedures should be clearly defined, adhered to, and supported by all groups.