We proudly serve healthy, delicious meals to Niskayuna students every day.
January 2021: Celebrate New York Dairy With Us!
Did you know that our state has more than 4,000 dairy farms, is the fourth largest producer of milk, and is the largest producer of yogurt, cottage cheese and sour cream? As part of our Farm-to-School efforts, our Food & Nutrition Department is celebrating New York dairy products this month. Learn more
Meals are Free Through the 2020-21 School Year
In October 2020, the federal government announced the extension of a policy that makes school meals free for all students through the remainder of the 2020-21 year. It remains important that families apply for the Free and Reduced Price Meal program if they believe they may qualify.
School Meal Prices
- Elementary Lunch – $3.00
- Middle School Lunch – $3.25
- High School Lunch – $3.50
- Adult Lunch – $4.25 + tax
- Milk – $.50 (a la carte)
- Breakfast – Elementary & MS – $1.65
- Breakfast – NHS – $2.50
Breakfast costs $1.65 at the elementary and middle schools and $2.50 at the high school. Learn more about breakfast options
Free and Reduced Price Meals Information
Children of families that meet certain income eligibility guidelines may qualify for free or reduced price meals. Families can apply at any time.
- Learn more about Free and Reduced Meals
- Apply Online for Free and Reduced Meals NEW!
- Downloadable Application for Free and Reduced Price Meals
- Translated meal applications available here
(Available in Spanish, Russian, Mandarin, and in an additional 49 languages)
K12 Payment Center Prepaid Meal Accounts
We use the online K-12 Payment Center to enable families to pay for school lunches and manage their child’s account online. K-12 Payment Center allows parents to:
- Make payments for meals online securely using your credit card.
- Deposit money onto the accounts of multiple children with one payment
- Easily access your child’s account 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- See 120 calendar days of meal purchases and payments
- Check your child’s meal account balance
- Get low meal account balance alerts by e-mail and text (free)
To sign-up and access the online service, visit https://www.k12paymentcenter.com/. From this site you can create your account and add money to your child’s school meal account. When creating your account for the first time, you will need your child’s name and birth date or student ID#.
Note: K12PaymentCenter Accounts May Go Dormant Due to Inactivity
K12PaymentCenter.com accounts may go dormant after 90 days of inactivity. Due to all reimbursable meals being free for the 2020-21 school year, most of our schools are entering meals as bulk rather than posting to individual student accounts. Please reach out to email@example.com if you would like to verify available funds in your child’s account. Alternately, if you are just registering with K12PaymentCenter.com for the first time, it will take several hours for the system to sync with the school district. Once this is complete, you may login to see balance and history.