We proudly serve healthy, delicious meals to Niskayuna students every day.
Meals are Free Through the 2021-22 School Year
Although the federal government announced the extension of free school meals to all students for the 2021-2022 school year, it remains important that families apply for the Free and Reduced Price Meal program if they believe they may qualify.
Why? By determining which children qualify for free and reduced-priced meals, school districts are able to receive more funding.
School Meal Prices
- Elementary Lunch: $3
- Middle School Lunch: $3.25
- High School Lunch: $3.50
- Adult Lunch: $4.25 + tax
- Milk: $.50 (a la carte)
- Breakfast, Elementary and Middle School: $1.65
- Breakfast, NHS: $2.50
Breakfast is $1.65 at the elementary and middle schools and $2.50 at the high school. Learn more about breakfast options
Free and Reduced Price Meals Information
Children of families that meet certain income eligibility guidelines may qualify for free or reduced price meals. Families can apply at any time.
- Learn more about Free and Reduced Meals
- Apply Online for Free and Reduced Meals NEW!
- Downloadable Application for Free and Reduced Price Meals (2021-22 school year)
- Translated meal applications available here
(Available in Spanish, Russian, Mandarin, and in an additional 49 languages)
K12 Payment Center Prepaid Meal Accounts
We use the online K-12 Payment Center to enable families to pay for school lunches and manage their child’s account online. K-12 Payment Center allows parents to:
- Make payments for meals online securely using your credit card
- Deposit money onto the accounts of multiple children with one payment
- Easily access your child’s account 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- See 120 calendar days of meal purchases and payments
- Check your child’s meal account balance
- Get low meal account balance alerts by e-mail and text
To sign-up and access the online service, visit https://www.k12paymentcenter.com/. From this site you can create an account and add money to your child’s school meal account. When creating your account for the first time, you will need your child’s name and birth date or student ID#.
K12PaymentCenter Accounts May Go Dormant Due to Inactivity
K12PaymentCenter.com accounts may go dormant after 90 days of inactivity. Due to all reimbursable meals being free, most of our schools are entering meals as bulk rather than posting to individual student accounts. Please reach out to email@example.com to verify available funds in your child’s account. Alternately, if you are just registering with K12PaymentCenter for the first time, it will take several hours for the system to sync with the school district. Once this is complete, you may login to see balance and history.