On Tuesday, June 6, a group of 20 Niskayuna High School student-athletes took the next step into their futures by signing their National Letters of Intent in a ceremony at the school. The group of students represents 12 different sports.
The students were joined by their families, coaches, teachers, and school administrators.
For the student-athletes, the letter represents a formal commitment to the athletic program at their respective colleges and universities, and it also signifies the opportunity for funding for tuition, room and board, and other expenses to be funded over the next five years.
An additional 19 students had signed letters of intent in the fall.
“Our school community is proud to come together to recognize the incredible accomplishments of the student-athletes who have committed to NCAA colleges,” said Principal John Rickert. “They carry forward the rich tradition of Niskayuna High School through both their work in the classroom and on the playing field. I wish them great success at their future schools.”
Niskayuna High School began its signing ceremony tradition in 1997. Since 1959, Niskayuna has had over 700 graduates compete in college athletics, with many going on to become Olympians and professional athletes.
Class of 2023 Spring Signing
- Jane Biaglow, Clarkson University, Women’s Lacrosse
- Shane Bracken, Utica University, Football
- Annalee Card, St. Lawrence University, Women’s Golf and Women’s Field Hockey
- Connor Desjardins, Catholic University (Washington D.C.), Men’s Golf
- Mia Frisoni, Lebanon Valley (Pennsylvania), Women’s Ice Hockey
- Antonio Gonzalez, SUNY Cobleskill, Men’s Track & Field
- Cooper Harvey, Westfield State (Massachusetts), Football
- Ryan Hesler, Stony Brook University, Men’s Cross Country and Track & Field
- Huzaifa Imran, Castleton University (Vermont), Football
- Zachary Ladopoulos, Hartwick College, Football
- Vincent Liguori, St. Bonaventure University, Men’s Golf
- Abigail Lyons, Southern Connecticut State, Women’s Swimming
- DeAngelo McGlothan, Hudson Valley Community College, Football
- Madeline Mills, Grove City College (Pennsylvania), Women’s Soccer
- Sara Mongelli, Geneseo, Women’s Cross Country
- Ella Nish, College of Saint Rose, Women’s Lacrosse
- Grace Roberts, Ithaca College, Women’s Swimming
- Elizabeth Tandlmayer, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Women’s Swimming
- Dahvion Wimberly, Hartwick College, Football
- Anna Vinciguerra, Skidmore, Women’s Rowing