At a series of presentations this year, Superintendent Cosimo Tangorra is sharing a vision for the future of education in Niskayuna, which is based on the work of stakeholders from across the district over the last few years.
Dr. Tangorra is sharing the vision at PTO meetings and with faculty and staff, community organizations and business and industry partners. The current schedule is available below. If your organization is interested in hosting a presentation, please contact the Superintendent’s Office at (518) 377-4666, ext. 50706 or email@example.com.
The vision includes deeper learning experiences that promote problem-solving, flexible space for hands-on learning, mentors and community service, strong social and emotional support, and an early learning partnership program. It will ultimately help inform a capital project proposal that is anticipated in the fall of 2020.
Our Schools, Our Future Presentations
- Thursday, Oct. 4, Rosendale PTO, 9 a.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 4, Instructional Program Advisory Council, 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 15, Capital Project Community Advisory Committee, 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 16, Board of Education, 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 17, Iroquois Middle School, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 18, Hillside PTO, 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 22, High School PTO, 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 5, Glencliff PTO, 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 14, Craig PTO, 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 5, Birchwood PTO, 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 4, Hillside PTO, 6:30 p.m.
- Van Antwerp Middle School PTO – To be announced
Our Schools, Our Future: The development of the district strategic plan in 2016 initiated a systematic effort to transform student programs and support systems so each student is prepared to follow their own unique path to success. This effort involves stakeholders from across the district, working toward a common vision and a fall 2020 capital project to preserve a high-quality education and protect the investment taxpayers have made in students, facilities and their community.