Do you have or do you know someone who has a child who will turn five years old on or before Dec. 1, 2023? The kindergarten registration period for students entering the Niskayuna Central School District next fall will begin on Monday, Feb. 6, and go through Friday, Feb. 24. Children who will turn five years old on or before Dec. 1, 2023, are eligible to enter kindergarten in September 2023.
If you have a rising kindergartner and have not already contacted District Registrar Dana Mazzone, please click here to complete our Kindergarten Eligibility Form. You will be sent a registration packet in the mail. If you have a child who is eligible for kindergarten in the 2023-24 school year and have not received a packet by Feb. 6, please email Ms. Mazzone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please return completed registration packets by Feb. 24.
Once you have completed all steps outlined in the packet, please submit your paperwork in one of the following ways:
- Scan all documents as PDF files and attach them to an email that you can send to the District Office at email@example.com.
- Drop them off in the vestibule of the District Office. The entrance is on Dexter Street near the corner of Van Antwerp Road and is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. Once you enter the building through Door #19, there is a locked mailbox on the left where you can drop your registration paperwork. This box is checked regularly.
- United States Postal Mail: If you opt to send your paperwork in via USPS, please take it to the Post Office to make sure the proper postage is affixed and mail it to 1239 Van Antwerp Road, Niskayuna, NY 12309, Attn: Office of the Registrar.
Once all materials have been received, registration packets will be reviewed, and you will be notified via email once your paperwork has been processed. Please understand that it will take time to review each packet, so you may not receive an email for some time after your packet is submitted.
Flex Zone Information:
- The district utilizes six flexible attendance zones (“flex zones”) to balance class sizes at the elementary level.
- Flex zones are being implemented with each entering kindergarten class.
- Students who reside in these areas may be assigned to one of two or more schools for the purposes of balancing class sizes.
- Families who live in flex zones will be provided with a form that enables them to state a school preference.
- If you are not sure if you live in a flex zone, please consult the attendance zone map.
Kindergarten assignments for students who live in flex zones will be made towards the end of July and families will be notified shortly afterward. You will be officially notified of your assigned school by mail.
We look forward to welcoming the next kindergarten class to Niskayuna!