On Tuesday, May 15, district residents will head to the polls to decide on an $84.2 million budget proposed for the 2018-19 school year. The budget continues all current student programs and contains a series of additions to meet identified needs and priorities, including strengthening support for students and managing class size. The budget calls for a tax levy increase of 2.64 percent, which is below the district’s limit for the year based on the state’s tax cap calculation.
Superintendent Cosimo Tangorra, Jr. will present budget information and answer questions at a series of budget presentations at PTO meetings and community locations in the weeks leading up to the vote. A full schedule is below.
More information about the proposed 2018-19 budget and May 15 vote
Schedule of Budget Presentations
Monday, April 9
- Niskayuna High School PTO, 6 p.m.
Wednesday, April 11
- Craig PTO, 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, May 1
- Meet the Candidates Night, Van Antwerp Auditorium, 7 p.m.
Thursday, May 3
- Rosendale PTO, 9 a.m.
- Community Budget Presentation, Niskayuna Town Hall, 6 p.m.
- Glencliff PTO, 7 p.m.
Monday, May 7
- Community Budget Presentation, District Office Board Room, 7 p.m.
- Van Antwerp PTO, 7:45 p.m. (meeting starts at 7 p.m.)
Tuesday, May 8
- Community Budget Presentation, Town of Niskayuna Library, 1 p.m.
- Budget Hearing, Board of Education Meeting, District Office Board Room, 6 p.m.
Wednesday, May 9
- Birchwood PTO, 6:30 p.m.
- Iroquois PTO, 7:15 p.m. (meeting starts at 7 p.m.)
Thursday, May 10
- Hillside PTO, 6:30 p.m.
- School Budget Vote, Niskayuna High School, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.