The Board of Education has embarked on the search for the district’s next superintendent with a process that involves substantial community involvement. This page will be the best source of information about the search process. Capital Region BOCES District Superintendent Anita Murphy and BOCES Deputy District Superintendent Lauren Gemmill are serving as the search consultants guiding the Board through the process. The Board of Education is committed to gathering as much input as possible into the characteristics desired in the district’s next leader and keeping the community informed to the greatest extent possible. The search involves a month-long community survey and a series of 12 community forums.
- Board of Education decides on approach to Superintendent Search process
- Superintendent Search forums announced for late August/early September 8/23/21
- Superintendent Search: Community Survey & Update 8/13/21
- Superintendent Cosimo Tangorra, Jr. Accepts Position with New Hartford School District 7/6/21
Community Survey & Stakeholder Forums
All of the notes and results from the community survey and stakeholder forums will be shared with the Board of Education. Reports will also be shared with the community on this page.
Take the survey here – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KXXYKHY
The survey will be available until September 15.
Community Stakeholder Forums
- Monday, Aug. 30: Administration, 3:30 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 30: Community Forum, 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 2: Operations & Maintenance Department, 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 2: Virtual Community Forum, 6:30 p.m. (RSVP closed at 3 p.m. on Sept. 2)
- Thursday, Sept. 9: High School Students, 3:15 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 13: Teaching Assistants, 2:45 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 14: All Support Staff, 2:45 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 15: Faculty, 2:45 p.m. and 4 p.m.