Elementary counseling attempts to help all children get the most out of school. Your support and cooperation can help make your child’s school years a rewarding experience. We hope that parents and students feel free to use these services and we look forward to working with you.
Students, we are here to help you with:
- Working out personal and school related issues
- Improving your grades
- Making friends
- Feeling good about yourself
- Adjusting to a new school
- Learning how to make decisions
- Getting along with brothers and sisters
- Planning for middle school
- Dealing with peer pressure and bullying
- Learning effective study skills
- Anything that is important to you!
Students are encouraged to ask their teacher to leave a message for the counselor; leave a note in the counseling office; or tell your counselor that you need to see them.
Parents, we are available to assist and provide you with:
- Exploring ways to help your child succeed
- Improving parent-child communications
- Recommending referral sources
- Understanding the developmental changes of childhood
- Expedite communication with teachers
- Supply reference materials
- Information to help understand your child’s special needs
Please call your child’s school to schedule an appointment or ask your child’s teacher.
Teachers, we are available to work with you on:
- Addressing and resolving student behavioral concerns
- Discussing special student needs
- Developing and implementing counseling groups to address various issues
- Assisting with class units on developmental issues