Last Updated: Sept. 3, 2020
How to Find the Latest Information
You will find the latest information on this website and in emails from your school and the district.
• Students in grades K-4 attend their elementary school in-person daily.
• Students in grades 5-6 attend the middle school that serves their neighborhood daily.
• Students in grades 7-12 attend school in-person on alternating days and join livestream classes from home on the days they are not in school. The rotation, with a breakdown of which days students attend school on which days, is available on the district website.
In-Person Arrival and Dismissal Times
We have adjusted arrival and dismissal time to account for the need to get students on and off the buses in a socially distanced manner and to address other planning and staffing needs.
Elementary Schools – Grades K-4
Arrival: 7:45 a.m.
Dismissal: 1:15 p.m.
Middle Schools – Grades 5-8
Arrival: 9:45 a.m.
Dismissal: 3:05 p.m.
Arrival: 8:30 a.m.
Dismissal: 2:15 p.m.
All-Remote Learning (by Family Choice)
Students in grades K-5 will attend the Niskayuna Virtual Academy with dedicated remote teachers. This day will go from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. daily with lunch from 11:15 a.m. to noon and time for office hours, some student support services and teacher planning from 1 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Students in grades 6-12 will join class meets daily via livestream, following the regular school schedule.
Daily Health Screening for Students
- Students/families need to complete a daily screening, including a temperature check.
- Families will receive a daily email (during the overnight hours) with a link to complete that day’s health screening.
- Anyone with a temperature of 100.0° F or greater cannot come to school.
- Students who are not screened at home will have their temperature checked at school.
- Students and employees must wear a mask or face covering at all times on school buses and at school with limited exceptions (including due to documented medical conditions, when seated and eating in a socially distanced manner, and for specific instructional purposes).
- There will ultimately be one district Chromebook for each student K-12, including remote learners. More information is coming soon about how these will be distributed.
- If you need technology support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
School meals will be available to remote learners. More information about this is on the district website.