The district shall provide guidance programs in accordance with the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education.
In grades K-6, the program must be designated in coordination with the teaching staff to help students who exhibit any attendance, academic, or behavior adjustment problems; to educate students concerning avoidance of child sexual abuse; and to encourage parental involvement in the schools.
In grades 7-12, the guidance program shall be provided primarily by certified guidance personnel and shall provide the following services:
1. an annual review of each student’s educational progress and school plans;
2. instruction about curriculum options and careers;
3. counseling assistance to develop career plans;
4. encouragement of parental involvement; and
5. counseling assistance for students who exhibit any attendance, academic, behavioral or adjustment problems.
Ref: 8 NYCRR §100.2U)
Adopted: February 26, 1996