Welcome to our new website!
As you begin to take a look at the new site, allow us to point out a few new and enhanced features:
- Searchable Staff Directory: For the first time, the district website contains a searchable directory of school staff. This replaces the directories that were posted on each school page in the past. The searchable directory can be accessed by clicking the “Contact Us” link at the top of any page in the site.
- Mobile-friendly: Unlike the previous site, the display of this mobile-responsive site will automatically adjust to your device, whether it’s a desktop computer, smartphone or tablet.
- Site Translate: The new site can be translated into the many languages available through Google, which is powering this new feature. Look for the Translate heading on the left side.
- Links to top resources: Based on what we learned in the research phase of the new site, there are now direct links at the top of every page to frequently requested information – including employment opportunities, lunch menus, and the Parent Portal.
- The “News Hub”: A new “News Hub” also available at the top of every page, contains an expanded list of recent headlines, a featured video and photo, and a district social media directory.
The process of developing the site was based on research into how visitors use our website, the kinds of information they are seeking, and best practices in website usability and accessibility. Our partner for this project was the Communications Service of Capital Region BOCES.
We hope you enjoy this site and find it to be a useful tool for getting the information that you need.
And, feel free to let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org.