No outside visitors or volunteers will be allowed on school campuses, except to attend to the safety and well-being of students. Parents/guardians who have a need to be at the building for a meeting or some other approved purpose will follow the visitor procedures outlined below. All visitors to facilities will be required to wear face coverings and will be restricted in their access to our school buildings.
Essential Visitors Requirements
In the event that a parent/guardian or any other individual must enter the building, they must adhere to the following:
Visitors must complete the health screening app BEFORE entering the building. Failure to do so will result in access being denied. If an individual does not have the technical ability to use the app, they must call the main office and answer the questions over the phone.
If the visitor is unable to complete the online screening app ahead of time, the screening process will be facilitated by the staff member checking them into the building and their temperature will be checked by the school nurse or designee. Questions could include, but will not be limited to:
- Have you been in close contact, personally or professionally, with anyone who has tested positive for the Coronavirus?
- Have you traveled outside of the United States in the past 30 days?
- Have you traveled on a plane in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in a healthcare setting where patients with Coronavirus are/were being treated?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or flu-like symptoms, or have you experienced these symptoms in the past 14 days?
- Have you had a fever in the past 48 hours?
All visitors will be required to follow all safety protocols in this plan that apply to students and staff, including wearing a mask and observing proper social distancing. Failure to comply will result in the visitor being asked to leave the building immediately.
The district will establish an appropriate cleaning and disinfecting plan for each visitor registration area.
Each main office will be retrofitted with a clear barrier (similar to those seen in local businesses) to separate main office staff from visitors.
Student Drop-Off/Pick-Up Procedures
All student drop-off/pick-ups will be conducted with a “drive thru” approach. Each school will develop their own specific plan based on their geography. The plans must adhere to the following:
- Students will be dropped off/ picked up in designated areas. Staff will be present to assist with students entering/exiting the building.
- Parents/guardians will remain in their vehicles at all times.
- Students will enter/exit through designated entrances to minimize the amount of students using one main entrance.
- If a parent/guardian needs to drop off an item the student forgot, an area and process will be designated for drop off that does not require them to enter the building.