Throughout the summer of 2020, we worked with a community-wide Reopening Task Force to develop a plan for health, safety and learning. Our reopening plan provides for in-person/hybrid plan with an option for all-remote learning.
- Summary of the Reopening Plan
- Transitioning to All-Remote Learning (by building or districtwide)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Arrival and dismissal times by level
- Calendar for Grades 7-12 In-Person Instruction
- Daily Health Screening
- Niskayuna School Health office Protocols for Student/Staff with COVID-19 Symptoms
- State Department of Health COVID-19 School Report Card
- Student Chromebook Update
- Student Transportation Information for 2020-21
- Meals for Remote & Hybrid Learners
School Start and End Times for the Beginning of the Year
Elementary Schools – Grades K-4
Arrival: 7:45 a.m.
Dismissal: 1:15 p.m.
Middle Schools – Grades 5-8
Arrival: 9:45 a.m.
Dismissal: 3:05 p.m.
Arrival: 8:30 a.m.
Dismissal: 2:15 p.m.
School Reopening Plan is Available
Our School Reopening Plan has been posted on the district website for our community and submitted to New York State. As we approach this year, we are focused on the health and safety of our students and our faculty and staff, and providing the very best educational program we can within the precautions that will be necessary. The plan outlines the approach that will be used if Gov. Andrew Cuomo says that school can open for in-person learning and the approach that will be used if all learning needs to be remote. We thank the nearly 400 members of the Reopening Task Force for their work on the plan and continuing contributions to this process. The plan is subject to change as information changes and we will keep our entire community informed.