Qualified voters who wish to apply for an absentee ballot for the upcoming Capital Project vote on February 9, 2021 may use the application forms available below:
Absentee ballots may also be requested by contacting District Clerk Cynthia Gagnon at email@example.com or (518) 377-4666, ext. 50706. When completing and returning the application form, please observe the following special instructions:
- Pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Order 202.81, the potential for contraction of the COVID-19 virus is deemed an “illness” for the purpose of requesting and receiving an absentee ballot for the Capital Project vote on February 9, 2021. Accordingly, persons applying as an absentee voter pursuant to Executive Order 202.81 must check Box “A” marked “A patient in a hospital, or unable to appear personally at the polling place on such day because of illness or physical disability” on the application.
- The completed application for an absentee ballot may be submitted by mail to the District Clerk, Cynthia Gagnon, 1239 Van Antwerp Road, Niskayuna, NY 12309 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications for absentee ballots which are to be mailed to the voter must be received no later than February 2, 2021 (i.e. seven days before the vote) and applications for absentee ballots that are to be personally delivered to the voter must be received no later than February 8, 2021 (i.e. the day before the vote). All voters who seek an absentee ballot to vote in the February 9, 2021 Capital Project vote are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible.
- Alternatively, qualified voters may request an absentee ballot by mailing a letter, signed by the voter and stating the address at which the voter resides, to the District Clerk, Cynthia Gagnon, 1239 Van Antwerp Road, Niskayuna, NY 12309. Such letter must be received by the District Clerk no earlier than the 30th day and no later than the 7th day before the Capital Project vote on February 9, 2021. Any voter who requests an absentee ballot via signed letter will receive both an absentee ballot and an absentee ballot application, which must be completed and returned to the District Clerk together with the absentee ballot, in order for such absentee ballot to be counted.
- To be counted, all completed absentee ballots must be received in the Office of the District Clerk by 5:00 p.m. on February 9, 2021.
- If you have any questions relating to the absentee ballot application, you may contact the District Clerk, Cynthia Gagnon at email@example.com or by telephone at (518) 377-4666, ext. 50706.