May 28, 2020
Dear Niskayuna High School Families:
We hope this letter finds you and your family well. We know these last two months have been challenging and we appreciate all of your efforts to support your child during virtual learning.
We have a plan for students/families to drop off school items (library books, textbooks, school calculators, art dept. cameras, musical instruments, chromebooks borrowed during school closure, etc. ) as well as for picking up students’ belongings from school while maintaining current social distancing protocols. The pickup of student belongings and the drop off of school materials will take place during designated times, by last name, from June 10-12, 2020 (Times are noted below). All items from your child’s locker and physical education locker will be gathered and be ready to distribute during these designated Drop Off/Pick Up times. We ask that you drive into the Nott Street entrance during your designated time, turn left toward the front of the building where a staff member will greet you. Please see the attached map at the bottom of this email. School items will be collected in the flagpole circle area and personal items will be delivered to families in front of the pool entrance. To ease the traffic congestion, we ask that you follow the route noted in the map below. It will be essential to follow the protocols below on the day of your visit.
Please note that this information will also be on our High School website for ease of reference.
Procedures and Protocols to follow:
- Stay Home if you or someone in your household has tested positive for, or has symptoms of, COVID-19 and/or is feeling unwell.
- Please follow the directions of the school staff and park or pull up in the assigned spot.
- Remain in your vehicle so that the appropriate social distancing can be maintained.
- Please wear a mask.
- A staff member will ask you for your child’s(ren) name.
- Your child’s belongings will be brought to your car and placed in your trunk or back seat.
- For families with multiple children, you will pick up all students’ belongings in one visit.
- We ask that you return library books, textbooks, school calculators, art dept. cameras, musical instruments and other classroom materials you may have at this time as well.
- Please adhere a note with your student’s name and teacher’s name on all materials being returned.
- If you need to retrieve your child’s medication from the school nurse, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or GMailloux@niskyschools.org directly.
- For families who borrowed Chromebooks during this school closure, other than those previously assigned to 10th graders, we ask that you drop them off during these designated times.
- In the event that you are unable to come during the time designated for your family, please call the Main Office to make alternate arrangements. In the interest of time and to have this go as smoothly as possible, anything you can do to keep your original appointment would be greatly appreciated.
Pick Up Date and Time by Students’ Last Name
Wednesday, June 10th
- Time: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Last Name: A-H
Thursday, June 11th
- Time: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Last Name: I-O
Friday, June 12th
- Time: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00p.m.
- Last Name: P-Z
We look forward to seeing. Please let us know if you have any questions.
John, Eva, and Anthony
Traffic Flow Map for Pick-Up & Drop-Off of Student Materials