Date of Posting:
School Bus Driver
Transportation Department - Floating Routes/Split Shifts TBD - 5.5 hours per day; 10 months per year
GENERAL INFMORMATION: All Bus Drivers must meet certain requirements imposed by both the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (NYSDMV) and the New York State Education Department. Individuals must possess a NYDMV Commercial License (Class B) license. Individuals who do not have a Class B license, may be eligible for Bus Driver training free of charge. During the training process, individuals earn minimum wage. Information about paid training is listed here:
- New York State Driver’s License – All individuals must possess a New York State Driver’s license prior to any training provided by the District.
- NYSDMV Commercial License (Class B) Learner Permit – All individuals must possess a NYSDMV Commercial Driver Learner Permit prior to any on-the-road training provided by the District. This is issued by the NYSDMV after successful completion of a written exam. Further information about the exam may be obtained here: https://dmv.ny.gov/get-cdl. The cost is $10 and is paid by the applicant. Upon successful completion of the test, and acceptance of a position with the District, the cost of the test is reimbursed by the District
- New York State Department of Transportation Physical Examination – The District schedules and pays for the physical examination.
- Drug Test – The District schedules and pays for the drug test.
- 30 hour – New York State Education Course – This 30 hour course is offered free of charge by the Niskayuna Central School District.
- 10 hour – Pre-Service Course – This 30 hour course is offered free of charge by the Niskayuna Central School District
- Road Test – The District assists in scheduling the road test with NYSDMV. The cost is $40 and is paid by the applicant. Upon successful completion of the test (resulting in the issuance of the Class B License) and acceptance of a position with the District, the cost of the test is reimbursed by the District.
- Possession of Certified Driver’s License with a “S’ School Bus endorsement
- Drivers must be at least 21 years of age and must satisfy the requirements for School Bus Driver set forth in the Rules and Regulations of the NYS Commissioner of Education.
$18.85 per hour
APPLICATION: Submit an application, cover letter, & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information go to:
Office of Human Resources
Niskayuna Central School District
1239 Van Antwerp Rd.
Niskayuna, NY 12309
Continuous until filled
Selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.