Date of Posting:
August 27, 2018
Head Lifeguards (2 positions)
Niskayuna High School - 10-15 hrs/wk; 12 mos/yr
Candidate must have a current lifeguard training certificate from a recognized
certifying agency, i.e. the American Red Cross, Boy Scouts, YMCA, YWCA or a certifying agency approved by the NYS Commissioner of Health.
Candidate must have at least two (2) years of lifeguard experience.
Candidate must also possess a current certificate in basic life support and CPR for the professional rescuer from the American Red Cross, or equivalent certification.
- Involves responsibility for patrolling swimmers at the pool and exercising sound judgement in emergencies
- Direct supervision of lifeguards
- Maintains order and reinforces compliance with pool rules
- Applies first aid, advanced lifesaving techniques and CPR when necessary
- Reports to Athletic Director on problems, incidents and conditions affecting pool activities
- Performs related duties as required
$13.25 per hour
Online application preferred: www.olasjobs.org/capital
Continuous Until Filled
Selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.