Date of Posting:
Coordinator of Continuing and Community Education
District-wide - 20 hours per week; 12 months per year
This position is a competitive Schenectady County Civil Service position. Candidates must meet Civil Service requirements for appointment and be reachable on the Civil Service list when available. If list is not available, this will be a provisional appointment and the successful candidate must take the SCCSC exam and be reachable.
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Good knowledge of community resources;
- Ability to exercise good judgment in dealing with people;
- Ability to establish and work cooperatively with others;
- good verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to perform clerical functions and to apply software in record-keeping functions;
- Ability to establish effective relationships with families, school administrators and the public;
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
GENERAL INFORMATION: This position exists in the Niskayuna Central School District and involves the responsibility for planning, coordinating, and delivering education classes throughout the district. The work is performed under the direction of the Assistant Superindent for Instruction with leeway given for carrying out the details of the work.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Identifies the specific needs and interests of the general community for life-long learning opportunities;
- Identifies and accesses opportunities for community members to participate in meaningful ways to the local education system and process;
- Identifies recruits and maintains the resources available to meet these needs and interests;
- Plans, coordinates and delivers education classes throughout the district at selected community locations. Programs and activities are provided for a wide range of children, youth and adults including before, during and after school programs;
- Works with the extended community to support and enhance existing community programs and services that support the development of educational services and community programs for children, youth and adults;
- Processes registrations and approval of payments to providers;
- Does related tasks as required.
APPLICATION: On-line application preferred: www.olasjobs.org/capital
Continuous until filled
Selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.