163 – Repost
Date of Posting:
May 15, 2019
Cook Manager (Anticipated)
Start of 2019-2020 school year
Van Antwerp Middle School - 10 months per year; 35 hours per week
- Thorough knowledge of the principals and practices of planning, preparing, cooking and serving food in large quantities;
- Good knowledge of modern cooking utensils, appliances and equipment;
- Good knowledge of the principals of nutrition;
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of others in the cooking and serving of food and cleaning;
- Ability to keep simple records and make reports;
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
A. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered two year college or university with an Associate’s Degree in institutional food administration, hotel technology or a related field; OR
B. Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and two years of experience in the preparation of food on a large scale; OR
C. An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (A) and (B) above.
- Plans, supervises and assists in the preparation and serving of lunches;
- Plans menus to meet nutritive requirements;
- Purchases or requisitions food and supplies;
- Maintains an inventory of food and supplies;
- Supervises the kitchen, serving area, storage, and dining areas, and the care of equipment;
- Plans the work schedule and makes employee assignments;
- Assists in the selection and management of kitchen equipment;
- Makes oral and written reports on activities, food and supplies received and used.
Per NSDEA Contract - $14.41 per hour
Office of Human Resources
1239 Van Antwerp Road
Niskayuna, NY 12309
Continuous until filled
Selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.