A Message from Niskayuna High School Principal John Rickert
Dear Class of 2021 Students & Families,
We are writing today with an update on our graduation ceremony. After a review of the needs for this event and our options, we have decided to shift the location of graduation this year to the Times Union Center in Albany. We truly appreciate the efforts of Schenectady County and Schenectady County Community College to provide a venue for the ceremony, but we feel that this will result in a better experience for our students, families and guests.
The graduation ceremony will take place on the same day and time, Wednesday, June 23, at 6 p.m. Many more details will be provided in the days and weeks ahead, but for now please note:
- Students will still be able to pick up their caps and gowns on Monday and Tuesday, May 24 and 25, but due to the change in venue, tickets will not be issued at this time.
- All ticketing will go through the Times Union Center website. We will share details about this as soon as possible, but expect families to be able to use the Times Union Center website to reserve tickets.
- Each family will still receive a total of four tickets. If you had previously requested and been granted additional tickets through Mr. Bianchi, that request will continue to be honored. If you would like to request additional tickets, contact Mr. Bianchi at email@example.com. However, because seating is limited, please note that we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate new requests for more than four tickets.
- All contact tracing/COVID requirements will be handled by the Times Union Center. Attendees will need to show facility staff either proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test to enter the building on the night of the ceremony.
- Mask wearing and social distancing will be required at the Times Union Center.
We will provide details about parking, ticket registration, the time students should arrive and much more in the near future.
Thank you for your attention to this information and ongoing patience and partnership. We very much look forward to celebrating the Class of 2021 and feel that this change in plans will help us provide the best ceremony possible.