There’s now a fast and easy to engage with our schools through the new Niskayuna Central School District app for use on smart phones and tablets!
The free app is designed to be a one-stop destination for the district’s most sought-after information for parents, students, staff and the community — all from the home screen of your smart phone or tablet. Designed in collaboration with SchoolMessenger, the custom app will offer news, calendar information, sports information, information specific to high school students, parent portal and food service account access, lunch menus and a staff directory.
Anyone can download the app from the Google Play Store for Android devices or the App Store for iOS/Apple.
Download the App
Follow these easy steps to download the district app:
- Visit the applicable app store for your device.
- Search for “Niskayuna Central School District.”
- Select the free app called, “Niskayuna Central School District” (with our logo).
- Click on the “install” icon.
Customize the App for Your Child’s School
Once you’ve installed and opened the district app, district information is provided automatically under the “news” and “calendar” tabs. To see events for specific schools, customize your app by following these steps:
- Open the district app.
- Select the icon for “settings.”
- Tap the circular tab to the right of each school building for which you’d like to see information.
- The tab color will change to blue when it is activated.
Explore the App
The following features can be accessed by the icons within the app. After selecting most features, you can return to the main menu screen by tapping the arrow symbol at the top of the screen.
- News – Find district and school news stories.
- Calendar – Access district and school events information.
- High School Students – Find information specific to high school students including links to the daily bulletin, student activities calendar, student tech resources, and more!
- My School Bucks – Log-in to your child’s account and pay for school meals.
- PowerSchool Portal – Log-in to the PowerSchool Parent Portal to access all features such as student grades, attendance and more.
- Sports schedules – Find sports schedules through SportsPak.
- Lunch Menus – See what’s for lunch in the school cafeterias.
- Schools – Find addresses, maps, phone numbers and websites.
- Notifications –Receive special informational alerts from the district or schools sent through the app.
- Settings – Customize the district app. After downloading the app, your settings should automatically include “district” alerts and calendar information, but you can also adjust your settings to receive alerts and see calendar events by school