A Calendar Update for Families
The middle schools will be serving as election polling locations this November. In order to maintain social distancing and limit contact with the public during the election and its required set-up, the following adjustments to attendance and conference days will need to take place.
Monday and Tuesday, November 2 & 3
- Grade 5 will have two full days for Parent/Teacher Conference Days, replacing the October 23/27 and November 4/12 half-days.
- Grade 5 students will remain home and have asynchronous instructional days on November 2 and 3, completing assigned work independently, responding to teacher feedback on previously assigned work, etc.
- Since students will not yet have devices, teachers will prepare paper assignments to go home with students in advance of these days.
- Students will attend full days of school on October 23, 27 and November 4 and 12.
Monday, November 2
- Grades 6-8 will be in attendance as normal for the full day.
Tuesday, November 3
- Grades 6-8 will have a full-day Parent/Teacher Conference Day, replacing both the October 27 Parent/Teacher Conference Day (half-day) and the 6th Grade Only Conference Day on December 2 (half-day).
- Grades 6-8 students will remain home and have an asynchronous instructional day, completing assigned work independently, responding to teacher feedback on previously assigned work, etc.
- It is anticipated that 6th graders will have their devices by this time.
- Students will attend full days of school on October 27 and December 2. Students will also attend a full day on November 12 (which had previously been labeled as a conference day inadvertently).