Last Updated: Nov. 30, 2020
Schenectady Jewish Community Center (JCC) Programs
JCC Kid’s Time Afterschool Care at Niskayuna Elementary Schools
The JCC’s Kid’s Time program offers licensed afterschool childcare at each of the district’s five elementary schools.
- Half day (pick up by 4 p.m.) and full day (pick up by 6 p.m.) options are available
- Kid’s Time includes a variety of activities, homework help and a snack
- For more information, please contact Lynn Capobianco at email@example.com or call 518-377-8803.
JCC Remote Learning Childcare
This program is at the JCC on Balltown Road. Details:
- Hours: 7:45 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Access to Wi-Fi
- Supervision for remote learning
- Health and safety protocols
- Afterschool program after school day hours
- For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Childcare Resources in the Region
The New York State Office of Children and Family Services website contains information about childcare for families. Additionally, the Child Care Resource and Referral Agency (CCRR) is a great resource for childcare in the Capital Region that meets your needs. Contact BrightsideUp (formerly the Capital District Child Care Council), 518-426-7181, for more information.
YMCA branch locations in the Capital Region are offering school-age childcare for emergency personnel (physicians, nurses, EMTs and many others). View a complete list of essential workers.). Financial assistance is available for this care.
Local school leaders are also working with the YMCA and other childcare providers to bring additional childcare options for emergency personnel to their school communities.
To learn more and enroll in the YMCA school-age programs, please visit the YMCA website or call 518-869-3500.
Childcare for Non-School Age Children
Families needing childcare resources for non-school-age children (birth to age five) can contact A Childs Place at Unity House, 518-271-6777.