The President and Vice-President of the Board of Education shall be elected by members of the Board at the organizational meeting in July.
Duties of the President of the Board
The duties of the President of the Board shall be as follows:
1. to preside at all meetings;
2. to act as chief fiscal officer of the Board;
3. to execute all documents on behalf of the Board;
4. to appoint all standing and ad hoc committees, subject to Board approval;
to act as an ex-officio member of all committees;
6. to call special meetings as necessary or on request of any member of the Board;
7. to vote with other members of the Board;
8. to perform the usual and ordinary duties of the office;
9. to act as temporary chai1man of the annual district meeting and special district meetings; and
10. to, along with the other members, offer resolutions, and to discuss questions
11. to consult with the Superintendent and the Vice-President in planning the Board’s agendas;
12. to act as the public spokesperson of the Board at all times except when this responsibility is specifically delegated to others.
Duties of the Vice-President
The Vice-President shall be authorized to act for the President in case of the President’s absence or inability to act, within statutory limitations.
Education Law §1709; 2105(6); 2502; 2504; 2553; 2563; 2590-b
New York State Constitution, Article 13 §2
Adopted: February 26, 1996