Thank you for your interest in Niskayuna. Our excellent faculty, staff and administration are at the core of our success. We continue to seek dedicated, high-performing individuals who share our passion for supporting students and preparing them for the future.
Contact our Office
Office of Human Resources
1239 Van Antwerp Road
Niskayuna, NY 12309
Phone: (518) 377-4666, Option 1 or ext. 50706
Fax: (518) 377-4074
Deborah Marriott, Director of Student and Staff Support Services
Martha Moran, Human Resources Specialist
Learn about current job opportunities with our school district.
Become a School Bus Driver
Are you a safety-minded person who enjoys children and making a difference? Are you looking for work that follows the school calendar, with holidays off? This may be a great position for you. Part-time bus drivers start at $18.55 per hour. Paid work as a substitute bus monitor is available while qualified applicants are trained to meet the requirements of becoming a school bus driver. Detailed Information: Becoming a School Bus Driver
Niskayuna Central School District employs Teaching Assistants in a variety of capacities throughout the district at all educational levels in all schools. Work as a substitute is often available while individuals go through the process of becoming certified. The district will reimburse costs associated with becoming certified. Detailed information: Becoming a Teaching Assistant
Become a Substitute Teacher
The district utilizes the Capital Region BOCES Substitute Coordination Service. If you are seeking employment as a Substitute Teacher or Substitute Teaching Assistant, you can learn more about how to apply through Capital Region BOCES.
Working in School Cafeterias
Our Food Services Department has immediate opening in our school cafeterias. Gain professional experience and get paid to complete internship hours during this part-time job. Contact the Human Resources Department at (518) 377-4666, ext. 50740 or email@example.com.
For information about coaching positions, please contact Larry Gillooley, Director of Health, Physical Education and Athletics, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (518) 382-2511, ext. 21760.
For more information about any of these positions, please contact Human Resources Specialist Martha Moran, email@example.com, (518) 377-4666, ext. 50740, and Human Resources Office, 1239 Van Antwerp Road, Niskayuna, NY 12309.
To apply for these substitute positions, please complete the Niskayuna General Employment Application and return it to the Human Resources Office.
- Substitute School Nurses: Perfect for licensed RNs or LPNs!! Per diem sub work. School hours. $19.75/hour.
- Food Service Substitutes: Per diem work, call Food Services Director Suzanne Wixom, (518) 377-4666, ext. 50730 for more information.
- Maintenance Cleaner Substitutes Sought: Per diem work, call Donna Woods in the Operations & Maintenance Department at (518) 785-0514 for more information.
- Clerical Assistant Substitutes: Do you have time during the day to fill in for a clerical aide position for someone who is out sick or needs a few hours away from their job? This is per diem sub work during school hours.
- Substitute Secretaries: Elementary, Middle, High School as needed. Must possess knowledge of computer programs (i.e. Word and Excel).
- Supervisory Clerical Assistant (S/CA) and Bus Monitor Substitutes: Per diem work, during school bus run hours- early morning and late afternoon schedule.
Lifeguards are regularly sought for the Niskayuna High School Pool. To apply, please fill out the Niskayuna General Employment Application and Lifeguard section of the Required Application Supplement and return it to Sarah Neely, Office of PE and Athletics, Niskayuna High School, 1626 Balltown Road, Niskayuna, NY 12309 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contracts for each employee bargaining unit are available online.