School Budget Information
Preliminary 2017-18 budget presented
Posted: March 23, 2017
At the March 20 Board of Education meeting, Superintendent Cosimo
Tangorra, Jr. presented an initial budget for the 2017-18 school year. This
plan continues all current student programs and services and includes the
potential for modest staffing increases to meet some areas of need. In the
budget presented, total spending is $81.9 million, which is an increase of
1.83 percent from the current year. The figures are preliminary at this
time. With the state budget process ongoing in Albany, the amount of revenue
the district will have next year is not yet decided.
Upcoming 2017-18 Budget Development Activities
- March 28, 2017 - Board Meeting: 2017-18 Budget
Discussion, District Office Board Room, 6 p.m.
- April 3, 2017 - Legal Notice of School Budget Hearing &
- April 11, 2017 - Board Meeting: 2017-18 Budget
Discussion with the Board of Education, Adopt 2017-18 Budget (Tentative),
District Office Board Room, 6 p.m.
- April 12, 2017 - Submit Property Tax Report Card to SED
if budget adopted and to local newspaper
- April 17, 2017 - Deadline for Submission of Petitions
for Nominations of Board of Education Candidates; Deadline for Submission of
Petitions for Propositions to be Placed on the Ballot
- April 18, 2017 - Drawing by the District Clerk for
Determination of Order of Listing of Board Candidates on the Ballot
- April 24, 2017 - Final Date to Submit Property Tax
Report Card to SED
- May 2, 2017 - Mail Budget Newsletter
- May 3, 2017 - Budget Statement and Required Attachments
- May 9, 2017 - Board Meeting: Budget Hearing, District
Office Board Room, 6 p.m.
- May 10, 2017 - Budget Notice Mailed to Eligible Voter;
Last Day for Absentee Ballots to be Requested if Ballot is to be Mailed
- May 15, 2017 - Last Day for Absentee Ballots to be
Requested in Person
- May 16, 2017 - School Budget Vote and Board of
Education Election, Niskayuna High School,
7 a.m. to 9 p.m.