The Environment & Culture Advisory Committee (IPAC) was convened by the Superintendent of Schools in the spring of 2016 to develop a vision for the future of education in our district. ECAC membership includes parents, teachers, administrators, community members and students.
ECAC has established three subcommittees that are currently working in priority areas: diversity, health, and events.
2017-18 Meetings & Minutes
- Tuesday, Oct. 30, District Office Board Room, 6:30-8:30 p.m. – Minutes
- Monday, Dec. 4, District Office Board Room, 6 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 26, District Office Board Room, 6 p.m.
- Monday, April 30, Iroquois Middle School Media center, 6 p.m.
Niskayuna Diversity Goals
The district developed a set of diversity goals in the spring of 2016. Read the Niskayuna Central School District Diversity Goals
The three subcommittees are working between each general meeting of ECAC and sharing updates at the meetings of the full groups.
The diversity subcommittee is working with a consultant from Equivisible to make sure our schools are meeting the needs of each child.
Co-chairs: Alyssa Zelkowitz (Craig Elementary teacher) and Neysha Johnson-Byrd (parent)
The initial focus of the health subcommittee is mental health. This subcommittee is working on the following:
- Social-emotional curriculum with regard to coping skills
- A positive focus on pro-social behaviors, not just anxiety
- Professional development opportunities for staff to focus on on various issues related to mental health and wellness
Co-chairs: Eva Jones (High School Asst. Principal) and Jeanne Sosnow (N-CAP)
The events subcommittee will work with the other subcommittees of ECAC to support them with their events, as well as spread the word about various events and activities in the community.
Co-chairs: Samhita Koduri and Humera Khan