Niskayuna Schools > Student Services > Register a Student

More Information

student registration

documentation of residency

The district may require that parents or persons in parental relation submit documentation establishing physical presence of the child in the school district. Such documentation may include but shall not be restricted to:

  • A copy of a residential lease or proof of ownership of a house or condominium (e.g. a deed or mortgage statement)
  • A statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant
  • Such other statement by a third party establishing the parent(s)' or person(s) in parental relation's physical presence in the district.

If the documentation listed above is not available, the district shall consider other forms of documentation and/or information establishing physical presence in the district, including but not limited to the following:

  • Pay stub
  • Income tax form;
  • Utility or other bills;
  • Membership documents (e.g., library cards) based upon residency;
  • Voter registration document(s);
  • Official driver's license, learner's permit or non-driver identification;
  • State or other government issued identification;
  • Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement); or
  • Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers.
  • The district shall consider other forms of documentation produced by the child, the child's parent(s) or person(s) in parental relation, including those in the list immediately preceding this paragraph.